Access Statement for Picks Cottage Fishery Ltd
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Situated on the outskirts of rural Chingford, Picks Cottage Fishery offers affordable and fun fishing for all. We have five fishing lakes with an onsite tackle shop, with both day and night fishing available.
Accessible fishing swims have been designated on the Top Match and Doughnut lake. The Float Pond has four accessible fishing platforms with level pathway access. The Tackle Shop is open during advertised opening hours with a disabled toilet installed and step free access.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 02085294114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Picks Cottage Fishery is located on Sewardstone Road, Chingford, E47RA. If you are using a Sat Nav our postcode will direct you to our main entrance.
- VIA BUS: From Walthamstow take the Number 215 and get of at Yardley Lane Estate. Turn right (walking past the Pitch and Putt) and follow road up the hill. We are located on your right hand side at the top of the hill approximately 5 mins walk from Yardley Lane. During the Summer the 215 will also stop at Lea Valley Campsite which is slightly closer. From Chingford take the 505 to Sewardstone Road and get off at Yardley Lane or Sewardstone Road.
- VIA TRAIN: The closest train stations are Chingford (2.2 Miles) take Bus Number 505 to Sewardstone, Walthamstow Central (6.2 Miles) Bus Number 215 to Yardley Lane Estate, and Loughton (4.6 Miles) with a Taxi required.
- Roadside paving is concrete along Sewardstone Road however the section between Yardley Lane Estate and our entrance is loose gravel
- Should you require assistance finding us please phone (020) 8529 3922 or 07575856445
Car Parking and Arrival
- There are five car parks on the complex with designated Blue Badge Parking spaces on each car park
- The on site car park surface is compacted planings
- Parking is free of charge
- Access to the shop is level however a raised threshold must be crossed to enter shop - please ask a member of staff for threshold ramp if required
- Tickets can be purchased on the bank should you prefer to commence fishing upon arrival
Main Entrance, Tackle Shop and Ticketing Area
- The tackle shop has flat vinyl flooring
- The area is evenly and well lit
- The shop counter has an overhanging edge to accommodate wheelchair users
- Complimentary visitor tickets are available for carers upon request
- The fishery is accessible via grass pathways
- The float pond has a designated wheelchair pathway with car parking located beside the pond
- All lakes are located in the outdoors with no shelter provided
- Accessible fishing platforms are available on the Top Lake, Doughnut Lake and Float Pond
- Public toilets are located in the tackle shop including a unisex accessible toilet with handrails and emergency pull cord
- A chemical toilet is located in Car Park 2
- Grounds are accessed via single farm track and grass pathways (undefined and mostly level)
- The Float Pond has a compacted pathway directly from Car Park 4
- In case of evacuation, visitors are required to exit tackle shop and follow signs to meeting point (staff available to assist if required)
- We welcome trained assistance dogs - water bowls are available upon request
- The fishery has recently completed a BDAA Access Audit with planned accessibility improvements
- We will refurbish fishing platforms to BDAA (British Disabled Angling Association) standards on a rolling basis
- Any comments or recommendations are welcome to assist us in improving facilities
|Address (Inc postcode):
||Picks Cottage Fishery Ltd Picks Cottage Sewardstone Road Chingford London E4 7RA
|Hours Of Operation:
||Fishery Open 07:30 -21:30 7 days a week (Mar-Oct), Tackle Shop Open 09:00 - 17:00 Weds-Sunday (Sundays close 1pm)